Cover from just
£6 a month
(Depending on your
Legal & General paid
97% of life claims in 2020
(Based on all Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance).
Get a £75 M&S or Amazon
eGift card to say thank you for
taking out a life insurance policy before 31 October 2021.
(Redeemable after your policy has been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply).
Or call Legal & General on 0800 008 3055
8:30am to 8pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturday
Legal & General may record and monitor calls
Why you might need life insurance
Have you ever thought about how your family would cope financially if you were no longer around to provide for them? Life insurance could pay out a cash sum if you were to pass away during the policy’s term.
Depending on your circumstances and the policy you choose, that money could be used to settle outstanding bills or debts, or cover living costs or a mortgage, helping your loved ones to stay in the family home.
It goes without saying, life insurance won’t take away the pain of losing you, but it can help take away the financial stress at what will be a difficult time.
Things you should consider when buying life insurance
These points will help you decide how much life insurance you might need and the term of the policy:
- How much would your family need to maintain their current lifestyles? E.g. consider multiplying your annual salary by the number of years you’d like your cover to last
- If you’re looking to protect your family’s current lifestyle, maybe consider your dependents’ future plans. E.g. your partner’s planned retirement age or how long your children will be in education
- If you’ve got children, how much would be needed to cover childcare costs or university fees?
- How much would be needed to help them pay any major loans, debts or other costs – such as credit cards and funeral expenses?
- If you want to specifically protect a mortgage, think about what’s your outstanding mortgage amount and how many years are remaining
- Do you currently have any existing life cover, death in service benefits or investments that would pay out if you died?
Critical Illness Cover
Adding Critical Illness Cover to your life insurance will help minimise the financial impact of a critical illness on you and your family.
Why choose a Legal & General Life Insurance policy
Cover starts from just £6 a month
(Depending on your circumstances)
Legal & General paid out 97% of life claims in 2020
(Based on all Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance)
Get a £75 M&S or Amazon eGift card to thank you for taking out a life insurance policy before 31 Oct 2021
(Redeemable after your policy has been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply)
Reassuring cover provided by one of the UK’s largest life insurers
Support from Legal & General’s UK-based call centre and experienced Claims Handlers
The possibility to increase your cover without the need for any further medical information on certain life events
Plus, you will also benefit from Accidental Death Benefit while Legal & General process your application – giving you some peace of mind knowing you’re covered in case of accidental death.
eGift card Offer Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to customers who buy Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance (with or without Critical Illness Cover) directly via the esure website or over the phone on 0800 008 3055 on or before 31st October 2021.
- The eGifts available to choose from are:(a) £75 Amazon.co.uk eGift card* (b) £75 M&S eGift card**.
- You will be eligible for your eGift card when your policy has been live for 6 months, provided you haven't cancelled your policy and your payments are fully up to date.
- A letter or email will be sent to you with details of how to redeem your eGift card, please allow 30 days from your policy start date for delivery of this communication.
- If you have previously held and cancelled a Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover) within the last 18 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Legal & General reserves the right to cancel your Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy or your eligibility for an eGift card should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
- This offer is limited to one eGift card per policy sold.
- You have twelve months from your policy start date to claim your eGift card or you will not be eligible for this offer.
- The incentive provider could be changed but the monetary value of this offer will not change.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- This promotion is managed by MLP, The Cowshed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG on behalf of Legal & General.
- For further information or any queries in relation to this voucher offer, please call MLP on 01565 747 705 or email them at [email protected]
- Promoter: Legal & General, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Place, Cardiff CF24 0TL.
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
**Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Bank services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, personalised cards, Lunch to Go, M&S Energy or to buy another gift card or eGift card.