Critical Illness Cover from Legal & General
Help make sure your loved ones are financially protected
Provided by Legal & General
You can add Critical Illness Cover to life insurance for an extra cost when taking out your policy
Legal & General paid
92% of Critical Illness Cover claims
Get a £75 M&S or Amazon
eGift card to say thank you for
taking out a life insurance policy before 31 October 2021.
(Redeemable after your policy has been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply).
Or call Legal & General on 0800 008 3055
8:30am to 8pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturday
Legal & General may record and monitor calls
Why you might need Critical Illness Cover
Have you ever thought about how your family would cope financially if you were to suffer a critical illness, such as a heart attack, stroke or a certain type of cancer? You might need to take time off work, or stop working altogether. You may need to make lifestyle changes, such as modifications to your home.
Critical Illness Cover can be added to a Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy for an extra cost when taking out cover. It could pay out a cash sum if you're diagnosed with, or undergo a medical procedure for, one of the specified critical illnesses that we cover during the length of your policy (so long as you survive for 14 days from diagnosis). The money could be used towards everyday living costs or childcare. It could help maintain your standard of living during recovery and help you to get back on your feet.
How Critical Illness Cover works
Add Critical Illness Cover
Adding Critical Illness Cover will help minimise the financial impact of a critical illness on you and your family.
- You'll be covered if you're diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for one of the critical illnesses we cover and you survive for 14 days from diagnosis, before your policy ends.
- The list of illnesses we cover includes many types of cancer, heart attack and stroke (please see the Guide to Critical Illness Cover for the full list)
- Children’s Critical Illness Cover is included at no extra charge from when your children are 30 days old to their 18th birthday (or 21st birthday if they’re in full-time education). T&Cs apply
- If you die then the cover will end for a single life policy. If you have a joint policy, when the first person dies and makes a valid claim, your Critical Illness Cover policy can continue.
- If you stop paying your premiums your cover will end 30 days after the first missed premium.
- The policy won't pay out if you’re diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for a critical illness that doesn't meet our definition.
- The policy won't pay out if death occurs within 14 days of diagnosis of one of the critical illnesses we cover.
- If some elements of cover are restricted based on the information you give us, we'll tell you what we've excluded in your policy booklet under 'What you are not covered for'.
- When you first take out the policy you will have the opportunity to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days, we’ll refund any premiums you’ve paid. If you cancel the policy at a later stage, you will not get any money back.
eGift card Offer Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to customers who buy Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance (with or without Critical Illness Cover) directly via the esure website or over the phone on 0800 008 3055 on or before 31st October 2021.
- The eGifts available to choose from are:(a) £75 Amazon.co.uk eGift card* (b) £75 M&S eGift card**.
- You will be eligible for your eGift card when your policy has been live for 6 months, provided you haven't cancelled your policy and your payments are fully up to date.
- A letter or email will be sent to you with details of how to redeem your eGift card, please allow 30 days from your policy start date for delivery of this communication.
- If you have previously held and cancelled a Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover) within the last 18 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Legal & General reserves the right to cancel your Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy or your eligibility for an eGift card should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
- This offer is limited to one eGift card per policy sold.
- You have twelve months from your policy start date to claim your eGift card or you will not be eligible for this offer.
- The incentive provider could be changed but the monetary value of this offer will not change.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- This promotion is managed by MLP, The Cowshed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG on behalf of Legal & General.
- For further information or any queries in relation to this voucher offer, please call MLP on 01565 747 705 or email them at [email protected]
- Promoter: Legal & General, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Place, Cardiff CF24 0TL.
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
**Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Bank services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, personalised cards, Lunch to Go, M&S Energy or to buy another eGift card or eGift card.