Decreasing Life Insurance from Legal & General
Help make sure your loved ones are financially protected
Provided by Legal & General
Cover from just
£6 a month
(Depending on your
Legal & General paid
97% of life claims
(based on all Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance).
Get a £75 M&S or Amazon
eGift card to say thank you for
taking out a life insurance policy before 31 Aug 2021.
(Redeemable after your policy has been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply).
Or call Legal & General on 0800 008 3055
8:30am to 8pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturday
Legal & General may record and monitor calls
Why you might need Decreasing Life Insurance
Have you ever thought about how your family would cope financially if you were no longer around to provide for them? Decreasing Life Insurance could pay out a cash lump sum if you were to pass away during the policy’s term. The amount of cover reduces roughly in line with the way a repayment mortgage decreases.
This could help your loved ones to cover the costs of a repayment mortgage and help keep them in the family home – taking away some of the financial stress at what will be an already difficult time.
How Decreasing Life Insurance works
Decreasing Life Insurance
Learn more about Decreasing Life Insurance and how it can help protect a repayment mortgage.
- Decreasing Life Insurance could pay out a cash sum if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness during the policy where life expectancy is less than 12 months
- The cash sum could be used to pay off an outstanding mortgage
- You choose the amount of cover and how long you want the policy to last
- The monthly premium you pay remains fixed for the duration of the policy, but the amount of cover will reduce (roughly in line with the way a repayment mortgage decreases)
- You have the option to take out a policy in joint or single names
- You can add Critical Illness Cover for an extra cost when you take out your policy (see below)
- You won’t be covered if within the first year of the policy you die as result of suicide or intentional and serious self-injury, or an event where in our reasonable opinion, you took your own life.
- You won't be covered if your terminal illness does not meet our definition. See the Policy Booklet PDF for more information.
- You won't be covered if your payments aren’t up to date
- When you first take out the policy you will have the opportunity to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days, we'll refund any premiums you've paid. If you cancel the policy at a later stage, you will not get any money back.
Add Critical Illness Cover
Adding Critical Illness Cover for an extra cost when taking out life insurance could help minimise the financial impact of a critical illness on you and your family.
eGift card Offer Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to customers who buy Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance (with or without Critical Illness Cover) directly via the esure website or over the phone on 0800 008 3055 on or before 31st August 2021.
- The eGifts available to choose from are:(a) £75 Amazon.co.uk eGift card* (b) £75 M&S eGift card**.
- You will be eligible for your eGift card when your policy has been live for 6 months, provided you haven't cancelled your policy and your payments are fully up to date.
- A letter or email will be sent to you with details of how to redeem your eGift card, please allow 30 days from your policy start date for delivery of this communication.
- If you have previously held and cancelled a Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover) within the last 18 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Legal & General reserves the right to cancel your Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy or your eligibility for an eGift card should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
- This offer is limited to one eGift card per policy sold.
- You have twelve months from your policy start date to claim your eGift card or you will not be eligible for this offer.
- The incentive provider could be changed but the monetary value of this offer will not change.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- This promotion is managed by MLP, The Cowshed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG on behalf of Legal & General.
- For further information or any queries in relation to this voucher offer, please call MLP on 01565 747 705 or email them at [email protected]
- Promoter: Legal & General, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Place, Cardiff CF24 0TL.
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
**Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Bank services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, personalised cards, Lunch to Go, M&S Energy or to buy another gift card or eGift card.