Why choose esure Travel Insurance?
- Annual or Single Trip Cover
- Cover options for travel in Europe or Worldwide
- Emergency Medical Cover, up to £10,000,000 per person
- Baggage Cover, up to £1,500 per person (£500 single item limit)
- Personal Accident Cover, up to £30,000 per person
- Legal Expenses, up to £50,000 per person
- Optional Cancellation Cover, up to £5,000 per person
- Optional Winter Sports Cover (subject to exclusions, see section 18 of policy booklet)
- Optional Golf Cover for accidental loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip (up to a maximum of £1,000 in total or £250 for any one article) and a range of other scenarios
Optional Extras explained...
Winter Sports Cover
We cover you for a range of winter sports activities and scenarios, such as loss of ski pass, piste closure and ski equipment, subject to the terms and exclusions detailed below.
For a small fee you can add cover for winter sports.
Cover is provided for skiing, snowboarding and off-piste skiing activities when accompanied by a qualified instructor. There is also cover for ski equipment, loss of ski pass and piste closure. There is no cover for ice hockey, ski-jumping, ski-racing, ski-acrobatics or the use of skeletons or bobsleighs. A maximum of 24 days cover per year is provided for those who choose an Annual policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless declared to and accepted by us
- If you are 80 years of age or older when your trip starts (Single Trip) or over 70 when your cover starts (Annual)
- Children who are travelling alone
Baggage & Personal Money Cover
If any of your luggage or personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged while you're away, we'll cover the cost the replacements, subject to terms and limitations. We also cover you against delayed baggage and the theft or loss of personal money.
Baggage and Personal Belongings
Covers the cost of replacing your baggage and personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip (less wear, tear and depreciation).
A single article limit of £500 and a total valuables limit of £500 applies.
Covers you up to £200 for the cost of buying essential items if your carrier has misplaced or delayed your baggage for more than 12 hours during your outward journey.
Cover for loss or theft of your personal money up to £500. A cash limit of £300 applies (£50 in respect of children aged 15 and under).
Our cancellation cover protects you against the forced cancellation of your trip, up to the value of £5,000, subject to terms and exclusions.
Covers you for up to £5,000 if you have to cancel your trip as a result of your accidental injury or illness or the death of a close relative or close business colleague. Excluding any circumstances known prior to booking the trip that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim.
If you are going on a golfing holiday and are planning to take your clubs, you can include Golf Cover for an extra payment.
You will be covered for:
- Accidental loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip – up to a maximum of £1,000 in total or £250 for any one article
- The cost of hiring golf equipment if your personally owned equipment is lost, stolen or delayed (for more than 12 hours on your outward journey) – up to £50 per day and £400 in total
- The cost of pre-booked green fees should the course abroad become unplayable due to adverse weather conditions – up to £40 per day and £200 in total
Business Travel Cover
If you are travelling for business, you can choose to include Business Travel Cover for a small fee.
You will be covered:
- If you’re unable to complete the trip due to a valid claim under the Medical and Repatriation expenses section of the policy then this will cover the cost of sending out a replacement colleague as long as it’s more than 48 hours before you were due to return home – up to £5,000
- If you get to your meeting and your documents or samples have been lost or stolen, up to £2,000 is provided to cover the costs to get replacements sent
- For the loss or theft of money belonging to your employer – up to £1,000; if your business equipment and essential baggage is lost, stolen or damaged we will cover the cost of replacement less wear, tear and depreciation – up to £1,500 or any one article £750
Make a claim
Find out how to make a claim. We're here to support you when you need us most
Got a question about your Travel Insurance policy or about the product in general?
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered by our Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance
The small print
esure Travel Insurance is arranged and administered by Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited. esure Services Limited act as an introducer to Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited.
Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited is registered in England & Wales No. 4617110, Registered Office: Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB.
Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Services Register number 310671
esure Services Limited and Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited are not members of the same group. You can check the above details on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA website or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
This policy is underwritten by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A-N.V. UK Branch, Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. Registered in Belgium with limited liability (Brussels trade register No. 0474624562). Avenue de Cortenbergh 52, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Subject to the prudential supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, Boulevard de Berlaimont 14, 1000 Brussels (Belgium) and to the supervision of the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA), Rue du Congres 12-14, 1000 Brussels (Belgium), in the field of consumer protection and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details of the extent of their regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available on request to them.