Ensure you have hassle free holidays with esure travel insurance
Why choose esure Travel Insurance?
- Annual or Single Trip Cover
- A choice of three cover levels; Essential, Classic or Extra cover
- Cover options for travel in Europe or Worldwide
- Emergency Medical Cover, up to £20,000,000 per person
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Baggage Cover, up to £2,500 per person (£500 single item limit)
- Personal Accident Cover, up to £50,000 per person
- Legal Expenses, up to £50,000 per person
- Cancellation Cover, up to £7,500 per person
- Optional Winter Sports Cover (subject to exclusions, see section 16 of policy booklet)
- Optional Golf Cover for accidental loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip (up to a maximum of £2,000 in total or £500 for any one article) and a range of other scenarios
Optional Extras explained...
Winter Sports Cover
We cover you for a range of winter sports activities and scenarios, such as piste closure and ski equipment, subject to the terms and exclusions detailed below.
For a small fee you can add cover for winter sports.
Cover is provided for skiing, snowboarding and off-piste skiing activities only in areas considered safe by local resort managament. There is also cover for ski equipment and piste closure. There is no cover for ice hockey, ski-jumping, ski-racing, ski-acrobatics or the use of skeletons or bobsleighs. A maximum of 17 days cover per year is provided for those who choose an Annual policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless declared to and accepted by us
- If you are 66 years of age or older when your trip starts
- Children who are travelling alone
If you are going on a golfing holiday and are planning to take your clubs, you can include Golf Cover for an extra payment.
You will be covered for:
- Loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip – up to a maximum of £2,000 in total or £500 for any one article
- The cost of hiring golf equipment if your personally owned equipment is temporarily lost or stolen (for more than 12 hours on your outward journey) – up to £50 per day and £500 in total
- The cost of pre-booked green fees – up to £50 per day and £500 in total
Business Travel Cover
If you are travelling for business, you can choose to include Business Travel Cover for a small fee.
You will be covered:
- If you’re unable to complete the trip due to a valid claim under the Medical and Repatriation expenses section of the policy then this will cover the cost of sending out a replacement colleague as long as it’s more than 48 hours before you were due to return home – up to £2,000
- For the loss or theft of money belonging to your employer – up to £500; if your business equipment and essential baggage is lost, stolen or damaged we will cover the cost of replacement less wear, tear and depreciation – up to £3,000 or any one article up to £1000
Protect your technology essentials, such as your mobile phone and tablet when you take them away on holiday. Events covered include theft, loss, accidental damage, and vandalism.
You will be covered for:
- We will pay the repair or replacement costs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident.
- If your gadget is stolen, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts. There must be evidence of violence of forcible entry if the theft of your gadget is from an unoccupied premises or vehicle whilst on a journey.
- If your gadget is damaged as a result of intentional or deliberate actions of someone else, we will repair it. Where only part or parts of your gadget are damaged, we will only replace that part or parts.
- If your gadget is lost, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been lost, we will only replace that part or parts.
- If your gadget is lost or stolen, and the loss or theft is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls, messages and downloads made from it after the time it was lost or stolen. Cover will only apply to unauthorised usage within 24 hours of discovery of the loss or theft of your gadget. Itemised bills must be provided to support your claim. This cover will only apply if there is no protection from such losses from your network provider.
The memories of your wedding will be with you forever - and we can protect your special day by covering your dress, rings, gifts, as well as any filming and photographs if they're vandalised or stolen.
You will be covered for:
- Up to the amount shown in your summary of cover (per insured couple) in total for wedding attire, wedding rings and wedding gifts if they are damaged or stolen, lost or destroyed on your journey.
- Up to the amount shown in your summary of cover (per insured couple) in total for reasonable fees or charges you are unable to get back from anywhere else to reprint the photographs or replace the video recording of the wedding day, if:
- The booked professional photographer is unable to take the photographs or video recording following their death, injury or illness or they are caught in an unforeseen transport delay that could not be avoided.
- The professional photographs or video recording of the wedding day are damaged, lost or destroyed on your journey and within 14 days of the wedding day.
If you're taking a cruise this summer, get increased cover for your belongings. Plus if you're confined to your cabin, and miss excursions we can cover what you've paid or any changes to the cruise itinerary.
You will be covered for:
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of cover if the treating doctor confines you to your cabin during your journey for medical reasons.
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of cover for pre-booked and pre-paid excursions that you cannot go on because the treating doctor confines you to your cabin during your journey for medical reason.
Cruise itinerary change
We will pay up to the amount shown in your summary of cover for each scheduled port visit missed, if the cruise ship you are booked on is unable to make a scheduled port stop because one of the following and no alternative docking or financial compensation (including on-board credit) is offered:
- Bad weather
- Timeable restrictions
Increased personal possessions
The limits shown under Personal Possessions - Section 5 are increased to the amount shown in your summary of cover. These amounts are not in additions to the amounts shown under Section 5 of your summary of cover.
Car Hire Excess Waiver
If your hire car is stolen, damage - or you've been involved in an accident while driving it, we can cover the deposit and/or excess stated in your rental agreement.
We will refund you the excess / deposit amount shown in your rental agreement, subject to the following limits, if the insured car is accidentally damaged, involved in an accident or stolen during the rental period. Up to the limit shown in your summary of cover or reduced amounts, also shown in your summary of cover, where the excess / deposit applied to your car hire insurance relates to damage to:
- the roof
- the windscreen, windows or sunroof glass
- the undercarriage
- each tyre that needs replacing
- each tyre that can be repaired
Make a claim
Find out how to make a claim. We're here to support you when you need us most
Got a question about your Travel Insurance policy or about the product in general?
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered by our Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance
The small print
esure Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered in England No. 08318836 at 1st Floor Maitland House, Warrior Square, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2JY. Hood Travel Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register no. 597211.
The core elements of esure Travel Insurance are underwritten by AWP P&C SA and administered in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD. AWP Assistance UK Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. AWP P&C SA is duly authorised in France and the United Kingdom and subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
*Up to 6 children under 18 years can be added to a family policy and will not be charged a premium (unless medical screening is required). We reserve the right to withdraw or amended the offer at any time.