Winter can be tough on your home but there are plenty of things you can do to get it ready for the big chill.
September 20, 2016
- One in three (34%) households now employ someone to help with domestic chores
- Of these, nearly five million Brits now have a cleaner – an increase of 24% compared with 2011
- Almost twice as many under 35’s have a cleaner compared to those aged over 35
- Domestic help no longer the preserve of the rich, with one in four households with an income under £20,000 now hiring some form of help
One in three (34%) households now hire some form of domestic help with an average spend of £127 per monthi.
August 9, 2016
- Renting is at the highest level in 30 years1 with over 15 million Brits renting their home2
- Nearly half (45%) of all renters have no contents insurance compared to just 5% of homeowners
- Historically many people first took out home insurance when buying their first home however with thousands of Brits in their 20s, 30s and older staying in rented accommodation there is an increasing gap in cover
- Renters estimate that they could only afford to replace around a third of their belongings if they had to make a claim