Add Motor Legal Protection
for just £1.75 per month (ex interest) or £21 per year
To confirm you want to add this cover to your policy please start a live chat session using the button below:
- We'll cover up to £100,000 legal costs to help you recover uninsured losses following an accident caused by someone else.
- We'll even cover up to £100,000 legal costs to help defend you if you're prosecuted for a motoring offence.
Giving you legal assistance to recover your uninsured losses and to defend you should you be charged with a motoring offence arising from an incident while using your car. It will also provide cover to assist you in a motoring database dispute with the Police, government agency or your insurer.
Recovery of uninsured losses
Did you know that if you were involved in an accident that you think might not be your fault, you could find yourself out of pocket? This can also involve legal battles and disputes over who was liable, as well as disagreements over how much money you can recover.
If you’re involved in a road traffic accident which is caused wholly or partly by another party, there are some things that your car insurance policy doesn’t cover, such as:
- Your policy excess
- Travel expenses – for example train or taxi fares whilst without your car
- Compensation for injuries or death
- Loss of earnings if you or any of your passengers are unable to work as a result of the accident
- The cost of repairing your attached towable caravan or trailer
Why should you lose money when it is not your fault? If you add our optional Motoring Legal Protection cover to your policy, we can help you recover these losses:
- We will cover your legal costs up to £100,000 (including VAT), including paying the other party’s legal costs if your case is unsuccessful.
- You get to keep 100% of any monies you are paid - without this cover you may have to pay the solicitor representing you up to 25% of any monies you are paid
- Please note that your case will only be progressed if we assess that it is more likely than not that we can successfully recover your losses, and there has to be a party to recover the losses from (for example this could be the at-fault driver’s insurer, or the Motor Insurers’ Bureau who may be able to provide compensation if the other driver is uninsured or you don’t know who the other driver is).
Defence of prosecution for motoring offences
- We provide up to £100,000 to defend you if charged with a motoring offence arising from an incident while using your car
- Please note that we will only defend you if we assess that it is more likely than not that we can achieve an improved outcome for you
Motoring database disputes
We will provide up to £10,000 (including VAT) to represent you in a dispute with the police, government agency and/or insurer:
- If the insured vehicle is seized due to a failure in communication between your insurer and the Motor Insurance Database, or
- If incorrect information is held / recorded on a motoring database about your driving record, or
- If incorrect information is held about the insured vehicle, which adversely affects you.