Pest cover–is it necessary?
This all depends on what you think you need. A lot of the time pest cover is forgotten about, when we are considering buying extra cover for our home. Some of this, is in part, probably due to not wanting to think about our home having an infestation.
But if an infestation does happen, dealing with it alone can be quite a stressful experience. Firstly you have to organise the extermination on your own, or go shopping for mice traps.
At esure we understand that you lead a busy life and don’t need to be caught up in controlling whatever pest infestation unfolds in your home. You simply have better things to do.
I have a pest infestation–what happens next?
If you have pest cover with esure, just make a quick call to our emergency helpline on 0345 601 7073, and we’ll tell you what we think are the next steps you should take. Don’t worry about contacting an exterminator, we’ll take care of that.
The pests we cover
esure pest cover is designed to protect your home from the following infestations:
Mice, rats, and squirrels
Wasps and Hornets nests and bed bugs
What does esure pest cover include?
- If you have an infestation of bedbugs, the exterminator fees are taken care of up to £200 (including VAT). You are covered for up to three treatments for one infested area in the home.
- If you have an infestation of mice, rats, squirrels, wasps, or hornets nests, you’re covered up to £150 for extermination fees
esure pest insurance–extra benefits
- You won’t lose your No Claim Discount when you make a claim–it’s just something we’ve put in place to save you some money
- Out of hours helpline - our pest line is available 24-hours a day
- You can make several claims (limited to a maximum of 3 treatments per claim for bedbugs) - pests tend to have a habit of returning sometimes
- No excess–you won’t be charged any upfront fees for any pest claim you make
If you need more information…
If you want to read in more detail about our pest cover protection, then take a look at our policy booklet. esure pest cover is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group.
The small print…
If you want to make a claim on your pest insurance, your cover has to have started and been in place for at least 14 days. It’s also worth keeping in mind that you should only make a claim if you think you have an infestation emergency in your home.
If an infestation occurs in your shed, garage, garden, or any outbuilding on your property we can’t provide cover.
If you want to add pest cover to your policy please call 0345 045 8000