Last minute or long-haul? Choose esure
Why choose esure Travel Insurance?Off
- Online Discount up to 20%*
- Cover options for travel in Europe or Worldwide
- A choice of three cover levels; Essential, Classic or Extra cover
- Emergency Medical Cover, up to £10,000,000 per person
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
- Baggage Cover, up to £3,000 per person (up to £700 single item limit)
- Personal Accident Cover, up to £30,000 per person
- Legal Expenses, up to £50,000 per person
- Cancellation and Curtailment Cover, up to £5,000 per person
- End supplier failure cover, up to £2,500 per person
- Annual or Single Trip Cover
Coronavirus Outbreak - Travel to China
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) are currently advising against all travel to Hubei Province and all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China (not including Hong Kong and Macao).
Our travel insurance policies do not cover travel to an area where the FCO advise against all travel or all but essential travel. Further information can be found within your policy wording. If you are concerned about how this may affect your cover, you can contact us on 0345 600 3950 (lines open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm).
Please visit the FCO website for the latest travel advice.
Optional Extras explained...Off
Winter Sports Cover
We cover you for a range of winter sports activities and scenarios, such as piste closure and ski equipment, subject to the terms and exclusions detailed below.
For a small fee you can add cover for winter sports.
Cover is provided for skiing and snowboarding activities only in areas considered safe by local resort management. There is also cover for ski equipment and piste closure.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless declared to and accepted by us
- Children who are travelling alone
Protect your technology essentials, such as your mobile phone and tablet when you take them away on holiday. Events covered include theft, loss, accidental damage, and vandalism.
For an extra cost you can cover your gadgets.
You will be covered for:
- We will pay the repair or replacement costs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident.
- If your gadget is stolen, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts. There must be evidence of violence of forcible entry if the theft of your gadget is from an unoccupied premises or vehicle whilst on a journey.
- If your gadget is damaged as a result of intentional or deliberate actions of someone else, we will repair it. Where only part or parts of your gadget are damaged, we will only replace that part or parts.
- If your gadget is lost, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been lost, we will only replace that part or parts.
- If your gadget is lost or stolen, and the loss or theft is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls, messages and downloads made from it after the time it was lost or stolen. Cover will only apply to unauthorised usage within 24 hours of discovery of the loss or theft of your gadget. Itemised bills must be provided to support your claim. This cover will only apply if there is no protection from such losses from your network provider.
If you are going on a golfing holiday and are planning to take your clubs, you can include Golf Cover for an extra payment.
You will be covered for:
- Loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip – up to a maximum of £1,500 in total or £300 for any one article
- The cost of hiring golf equipment if your personally owned equipment is temporarily lost or stolen (for more than 12 hours on your outward journey) – up to £100 per 24 hours and £500 in total
Business Travel Cover
If you are travelling for business, you can choose to include Business Travel Cover for a small fee.
You will be covered:
- If you’re unable to complete the trip due to a valid claim under the Medical and Repatriation expenses section of the policy then this will cover the cost of sending out a replacement colleague – up to £1,000
- For the loss or theft of money belonging to your employer – up to £500; if your business equipment and essential baggage is lost, stolen or damaged we will cover the cost of replacement – up to £2,000
If you are having a wedding abroad, you can rest assured that memories of your wedding will be with you forever - and we can protect your special day by covering your dress, rings, gifts, as well as any filming and photographs if they're vandalised or stolen.
For an additional charge you can cover your wedding attire and gifts.
You will be covered for:
- Up to the amount shown in your summary of cover (per insured couple) in total for wedding attire, wedding rings and wedding gifts if they are damaged or stolen, lost or destroyed on your journey.
- Up to the amount shown in your summary of cover (per insured couple) in total for reasonable fees or charges you are unable to get back from anywhere else to reprint the photographs or replace the video recording of the wedding day, if:
- The booked professional photographer is unable to take the photographs or video recording following their death, injury or illness or they are caught in an unforeseen transport delay that could not be avoided.
- The professional photographs or video recording of the wedding day are damaged, lost or destroyed on your journey and within 14 days of the wedding day.
If you're taking a cruise this summer, get increased cover for your belongings. Plus if you're confined to your cabin, and miss excursions we can cover what you've paid or any changes to the cruise itinerary.
You will be covered for:
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of cover if the treating doctor confines you to your cabin during your journey for medical reasons.
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of cover for pre-booked and pre-paid excursions that you cannot go on because the treating doctor confines you to your cabin during your journey for medical reason.
Cruise itinerary change
We will pay up to the amount shown in your summary of cover for each scheduled port visit missed, if the cruise ship you are booked on is unable to make a scheduled port stop because one of the following and no alternative docking or financial compensation (including on-board credit) is offered:
- Bad weather
- Timetable restrictions
Make a claim
Find out how to make a claim. We're here to support you when you need us most
Got a question about your Travel Insurance policy or about the product in general?
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered with our Travel Insurance
The small printOff
esure Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered in England No. 08318836 at 1st Floor Maitland House, Warrior Square, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2JY. Hood Travel Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register no. 597211. Hood Travel is an insurance intermediary providing a non-advised service. Our questions aim to help us assess your needs; it is for you to choose what cover is right for you. We act for and on behalf of the insurer.
The core elements of esure Travel Insurance are underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities Plc. Travel Insurance Facilities Plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 306537. Registered in England & Wales, Number 03220410 at 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UY.
*Excludes gadget cover or pre-existing medical conditions and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Discount is automatically applied when purchasing online. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the discount at any time.