Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover
5 Star rated car insurance
Get your quote in minutes
What is fully comprehensive car insurance?
Fully comprehensive insurance is exactly the same as comprehensive insurance and is just another name for same level of cover.
Comprehensive car insurance offers one of the highest levels of protection, it covers the same things as third party only and third party fire and theft, but on top of all that, it covers your own car in an accident. You can also add other cover on to this type of policy, such as breakdown cover, and motor legal protection.
What do I get with esure comprehensive car insurance?
- Unlimited legal liability – if any third party is injured or dies as a result of an accident where you’re at fault, including passengers.
- £20 million legal liability – for any damage caused to a third party’s property.
- Courtesy car included – you won’t have to top up your cover, we’ll keep you going when your car is with our recommended repairers
- We can guarantee repair work on your car for five years – when you use our recommended repairers
- Permanently fitted entertainment system cover up to £1000 – If you like to customise your car with the latest tech, we provide the cover
- Windscreen cover – Repair and replacement included with our specialist windscreen experts
How does fully comprehensive insurance differ from third party only and third party fire and theft?
The main difference between comprehensive Insurance, third party only insurance and third party fire and theft insurance is that it protects your car in an accident. It also covers things such as accidental damage. For example if you clipped your car when pulling out of a driveway, you could claim on your insurance to repair what damage had been done.
Comprehensive car insurance also covers damage to your car when it can be hard to prove who the culprit was. An example of this could be that you’ve come of out of your house to find someone has put a dent in your car door and driven off without leaving their details.
Is comprehensive insurance expensive, do I need it?
In some cases comprehensive insurance does not cost a lot more than third party only, and third party fire and theft. So although you might be saving a few pounds, when buying a cheaper alternative, you could also be losing out on a lot of cover.
What are the perks of being with esure?
- No Claim Discount Protection for Life – We like to give back to our eligible safe and sensible drivers by offering a protection add-on that you can buy whenever you insure with us. This keeps your No Claim Discount the same, even when you have to make a lot of claims
- No claim bonus is kept intact if somebody has damaged your car in an act of vandalism – If somebody has maliciously damaged your car, just report it to the police and get a crime number when you need to make a claim
- Pay for the cover you need – If you want to add optional extras such as breakdown cover and motor legal protection, you can
- Motoring legal advice when you need it – All our customers have access to a 24-hour helpline if they need to talk about any legal motoring problems