Motoring Legal Protection
Our Motoring Legal Protection benefit can help you to recover your uninsured losses and to defend you should you be charged with a motoring offence arising from an incident while using your car. We can also help you to resolve motoring database disputes.
Recovery of uninsured losses:
If you’re involved in a road traffic accident which is caused wholly or partly by another party, there are some things that your car insurance policy doesn’t cover, such as:
- Your policy excess
- Travel expenses – for example train or taxi fares whilst without your car
- Solicitor’s fees and expenses
- Costs and uninsured losses relating to the driver’s injury or death whilst driving the insured car
- Loss of earnings
- Costs which you may be ordered to pay by a court or tribunal
- Costs of repairing damage to your attached towable caravan or trailer.
With the Motoring Legal Protection benefit, your claim will be assessed and if it is more likely than not that incurring legal costs will result in a successful or more advantageous outcome, we will pay up to £100,000 (including VAT) towards legal costs incurred to help pursue your claim.
Defence of Prosecution
We provide up to £100,000 (including VAT) to defend you if charged with a motoring offence arising from an incident while using your car (and which is not covered under Section 1 Liability to other people and their property, as explained in the esure car insurance policy booklet).
Motoring database disputes
We will pay legal costs up to £10,000 to represent you in a dispute with the police, government agency and/or insurer:
- if the insured vehicle is seized due to a failure in communication between your insurer and the Motor Insurance Database, or
- if incorrect information is held / recorded on a motoring database about your driving record (e.g. driving licence, claims, convictions) or
- if incorrect information is held about the insured vehicle, which adversely affects you.
Already with us?
Optional Extras are easy to add to your existing policy too, call us free on 0345 603 7879.
For more information and full terms and conditions, please refer to the Policy Booklet.