Over 50s Home Insurance
5 Star rated home insurance for over 50s
Get your quote in minutes
Trusted by customers with their car and home insurance
Over 50s Home Insurance
Being in your fifties is an important milestone in your life, your children may have moved away for university and you have your home to yourself again - or you can see early retirement on the horizon.
At esure, our cover is rated 5 Stars by independent financial researcher Defaqto, which is the highest rating that can be awarded. Plus all our call centres are based in the UK, and are full of helpful staff should you ever have a problem or query.
Is there anything different about home insurance for over 50s?
The level of cover we offer is the same regardless of age. It's worth keeping in mind that when shopping around for buildings and contents insurance, over 50s have a lot of options to choose from. With esure you can buy both buildings and contents insurance together, or as separate policies.
Contents cover–what does over 50s home insurance look like with esure?
You’ve probably lived in your home for a long while now, and have amassed a lot of things, so it’s important the cover you have meets your needs. When you buy esure Contents Insurance you get:
- New for old contents cover – we'll replace all covered items as new
- Garden contents up to £2,000 – covering things like tools, garden furniture, plants and machinery
- Personal money – up to £750 of your total sum insured to cover lost or stolen cash
- Visitors’ belongings – up to £2,500 to cover their items if they're lost or damaged
- Freezer and fridge contents – up to £1,000 to cover spoiled food if your fridge or freezer stops working
- Outbuilding theft cover - up to £2,000 to cover items stolen from outbuildings, such as fishing tackle and garden tools
Restrictions may apply, check our policy booklet for more information.
Buildings cover – what does over 50s home insurance look like with esure?
- Unlimited buildings cover – even if you need to rebuild your whole house, we'll cover it
- Alternative accommodation – up to £75,000
- Fixtures and fittings – we aim to cover your kitchen, or bathroom suite if it needs replacing after an insured event
- Locks and keys – if your keys are lost or stolen, you'll be covered for the cost of replacing them and installing locks on any external doors up to the value of £1,000
- Unlimited glass and sanitary ware cover – providing the damage is covered by an insured event.
Restrictions may apply, please refer to our policy booklet.
What events does esure cover?
This is a summary of some of the events we cover for full information please read our policy document:
- Falling branches or trees
- Damage as a result of burst or leaking pipes - this includes water tanks, washing machines, dishwashers, raditors or other fixed heating systems
- Damage as a result of oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
Add more to your home insurance
Getting these great Optional Extras for your over 50s home insurance can help enhance your cover.
Personal Possessions Cover
Spend a little extra to get cover for accidental loss, damage and theft of your personal possessions while they are temporarily removed from your home anywhere in the United Kingdom and for up to 60 consecutive days anywhere in the rest of the world.
If you call out a professional to deal with a pest infestation, we'll cover the cost of the call out and extermination, up to a total cost of £150 (including VAT).
Spend a little extra to avoid ringing around – you can claim for the call out charge and the professional extermination or control of wasps, hornets nests, rats, mice or grey squirrels subject to an overall limit of £150 (including VAT per claim).
For the treatment of bed bugs this cover will pay the contractors charges subject to a maximum of three treatments/extermination and an overall limit of £200 (including VAT) of bed bugs in one infested area in the Home in the event of a call out.
Family Legal Protection
Access to expert lawyers with up to £50,000 legal costs covered for you and your family
No Claim Discount not affected.
Home Emergency Cover
One call to us and we’ll arrange for a contractor to visit your home and carry out the emergency repairs. Call-out charge, labour cost, parts and materials to a limit of £500 (including VAT) subject to a £25 excess
For full information, and terms and conditions on these Optional Extras please look at the policy booklet.