Over 60s Home Insurance
5 Star rated home insurance for over 60s
Get your quote in minutes
Trusted by customers with their car and home insurance
Over 60s Home Insurance
You’ve probably lived in your home for quite a while now, and have collected many things over the years. You might even still live in the house you raised your children in, and have bedrooms going spare for visiting family and friends.
When you choose esure you can sleep easy knowing your home is protected by quality 5 Star Defaqto rated cover. Plus all our call centres are UK based, with friendly staff, ready and waiting to help whatever your query might be.
What's different about buying home insurance for over 60s?
Nothing at all when you get a quote with esure. We offer both contents and buildings insurance, which you can buy separately or together.
Contents cover–what does over 60s home insurance look like with esure?
You’ve probably lived in your home for a long while now, and have amassed a lot of things, so it’s important the cover you have meets your needs. When you buy esure Contents Insurance you get:
- New for old contents cover – we'll replace all covered items as new
- Garden contents up to £2,000 – covering things like tools, garden furniture, plants and machinery
- Personal money – up to £750 of your total sum insured to cover lost or stolen cash
- Visitors’ belongings – up to £2,500 to cover their items if they're lost or damaged
- Freezer and fridge contents – up to £1,000 to cover spoiled food if your fridge or freezer stops working
- Outbuilding theft cover - up to £2,000 to cover items stolen from outbuildings, such as fishing tackle and garden tools
Restrictions may apply, check our policy booklet for more information.
Buildings cover – what does over 60s home insurance look like with esure?
- Unlimited buildings cover – even if you need to rebuild your whole house, we'll cover it
- Alternative accommodation – up to £75,000
- Fixtures and fittings – we aim to cover your kitchen, or bathroom suite if it needs replacing after an insured event
- Locks and keys – if your keys are lost or stolen, you'll be covered for the cost of replacing them and installing locks on any external doors up to the value of £1,000
- Unlimited glass and sanitary ware cover – providing the damage is covered by an insured event.
Restrictions may apply, please refer to our policy booklet.
What events does esure cover?
This is a summary of some of the events we cover for full information please read our policy document:
- Falling branches or trees
- Damage as a result of burst or leaking pipes - this includes water tanks, washing machines, dishwashers, raditors or other fixed heating systems
- Damage as a result of oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
Can anything affect the price of over 60s home insurance?
There a few things, which can affect what you pay for home insurance. If you have a large house with several bedrooms, you will most likely pay more as you’ll have more things to insure. The house itself will probably be bigger too, meaning rebuild costs would be higher.
Where you live can also change what you pay, as well as the materials your property is made of. esure for example won’t insure any homes that have a thatched roof.
If you’re thinking of downsizing or relocating for your retirement you might want to research the type of home you might see yourself living in and the area–it could have a big impact on what you pay for your home insurance policy.
Add more to your home insurance
Getting these great Optional Extras for your over 60s home insurance can help enhance your cover.
Personal Possessions Cover
Spend a little extra to get cover for accidental loss, damage and theft of your personal possessions while they are temporarily removed from your home anywhere in the United Kingdom and for up to 60 consecutive days anywhere in the rest of the world.
Home Emergency Cover
Emergencies tend not to be restricted between the hours of 9–5, you could save yourself the hassle of ringing round trying to find that out-of-hours plumber, by making one call to our emergency hotline.
Family Legal Protection
You could get covered for all sorts of situations that may require legal assistance, from employment tribunals to getting back your money after buying something faulty online.
Pest Cover No one wants to have to deal with an infestation and if you buy our pest cover you won’t have to. We cover exterminations up to £150 for wasps, hornet nests, mice, rats, and squirrels. Extermination cover is extended up to £200 for bedbugs.
For full information, and terms and conditions on these Optional Extras please look at the policy booklet.