Birmingham Car Insurance
How much could you save?
- 24/7 Accident helpline
- 5 Star Defaqto rated cover
Birmingham Car Insurance
Located in the heart of the West Midlands, Birmingham is the second-largest city in the UK. It’s famous for its global impact upon science, innovation and economic development–the steam engine was invented in Birmingham, and oxygen was discovered there too. Birmingham is also the birthplace of the much-loved British chocolate brand, Cadbury Chocolate. Today, Birmingham boasts one of the largest economies in the UK, and is home to six respected universities. It’s also one of the most visited places in the UK for tourists, perhaps because it has more canals than Venice.
If you’re planning on visiting some of the sights in Birmingham or are driving a long distance to visit family and friends you might want to give your car a quick once over. Checking your tyres is a must, if the tread is below the legal tread depth of 1.6mm (across 75% of your tyres) this can greatly affect your breaking distance. If you know some of your route to Birmingham is going to be uphill, or you’re going to be hitting heavy traffic, making sure your clutch is OK before you set off is a must. Luckily clutches rarely just fail, key signs of wear and tear to look out for include slipping, and if it feels particularly heavy at biting point, or when you press down on it.
I want to modify my car would it affect my Birmingham car insurance quote?
Your car insurance in Birmingham, and the rest of the UK for that matter, is most likely going to be affected if you want to modify your car. Honesty is always the best policy and you must tell your insurer after any modification has taken place. That said, it’s probably a good idea to phone beforehand to check if any modifications will affect what you pay for your policy. Not all modifications will increase the price of your policy, some may even reduce it. Fitting parking sensors could reduce your risk of bumping your car while parking, so you might pay less for your policy. However most of the time modifications will increase what you pay, in particular if they enhance the power or value of the car. If, for example, you want a specific set of rare alloy wheels fitted, they could be hard to source or expensive to import. So if unfortunately you do find yourself involved in an accident they would cost more to replace–and this would be reflected on what you pay for your car insurance.
What does esure comprehensive insurance include?
- Unlimited cover - if any third party dies or is injured by your car, including passengers.
- Windscreen cover - for repair and replacement, windows are covered too.
- Up £20 million - to cover any damage you do to another person’s property with your car.
- Courtesy car - so you can keep going while your car is being repaired by our approved repairers.
- 5 years guaranteed repair work - when you use our approved garages.
- 24/7 Motoring legal advice line - so you can get your motor legal queries answered.
What else can esure do for me?
Provide an award winning claims service–we’re proud winners of the Claims Service Consumer Intelligence Award 2017, as voted by drivers.
- Vandalism protection - if someone has maliciously damaged your car, just give us your crime number, which you can get from the police, and your No Claim Discount won’t be affected.
- Uninsured driver protection - if you get hit by an uninsured driver–who we can identify, you’ll still be covered and you won’t lose your No Claim Discount.
- European car cover - if you want to take your car to Europe, we can provide you with the same level of cover you have here in the UK–just let us know in good time before you set off, so we can arrange it all for you. Please bear in mind if you’d like to do this a foreign use extension charge will apply. For more information please visit our European car cover page.
When you’re with esure you can increase the amount of cover you have with our Optional Extras.
If your car is stolen and not recovered, or completely written off, you can choose a similar car which you can have for up to 21 days while your claim is being settled.
If you’re injured as an at-fault driver you get minimal cover for your injuries. Personal Injury Benefit increases the amount of cover you get so you’re more protected if you sustain life-changing injuries.
To find out about the other Optional Extras you can buy please visit our Optional Extras page.
You could save money with esure Multicar
More than one car at home? Get Multicar benefits for everyone, from your partner or spouse, through to anyone who lives with you over 25.
- A discount of 10% on all extra cars – if you insure at least 2 cars, you get a discount. Simple.
- 1 year quote promise – your Multicar quote will be guaranteed for 1 year if your details don’t change. You can also add additional cars as and when you’re ready.
- Matched No Claim Discount – this one is just for you and your partner, if one of you has a higher No Claim Discount the other policy will benefit from it too. Limited to the number of years the driver has held a full UK licence.
- Separate policies – if you make a claim on one policy it won’t affect the No Claim Discount on the other. Renewal dates are also kept separate so you can insure your cars at different times.