Lack of concentration could easily lead to the incorrect fuel being added to your car. This is not only stressful for you - it can potentially be very costly to fix!
Our Misfuelling Cover will help to get you back on the road again, saving valuable time and money...
What do I do if I’ve misfuelled my car?
Simply call the RAC and they will make the appropriate arrangements towards getting you back on the road again with the minimum amount of stress.
We will either reimburse you or pay for:
- Transporting you, your car and up to 8 passengers to the nearest suitable garage within the RAC network
- Costs involved to drain and clean the fuel system
- Replenishing of the fuel tank with 10 litres of fuel*
- Hire car to complete your journey up to the value of £150
- Reimbursement of a further £25 worth of fuel, on presentation of a receipt
- If required, the cost of new replacement parts and the labour to fit them up to the value of £50.
* This does not apply if the damage is part of an accidental damage claim.
Hotel Accommodation and Hire Car
If this situation occurs more than 25 miles from your home or intended destination, we will reimburse you for up to £400 worth of hotel accommodation for you and up to 8 passengers for one night.
We can also provide a hire car (if appropriate) to allow you to complete your onward journey up to a maximum cost of £150.
Please refer to the policy wording for full terms and conditions.
Already with us?
Optional Extras are easy to add to your existing policy too, call us on 0345 603 7879.
For more information and full terms and conditions, please refer to the Policy Booklet.